Author Topic: Sunday October 8, 2017 " Why do we even try? "  (Read 13 times)

Offline David Whitmore

• Administrator
Sunday October 8, 2017 " Why do we even try? "
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »
What a great time we had at the State Fair yesterday.  There were several people that did not get to go this year but the ones that did had a great time.  The weather was a little hot but it did not rain and it did not seem as crowded as years in the past.  I want to thank all the people from T. L. Thompson who came and help. 

Last Sunday Linda brought the Sunday School lesson entitled keep on whacking. She had a video of a man who had learned he had cancer and was determined to make the most of his life.  She explained that we can't give up till Jesus calls us home.  We want to be sure we have done everything we could have done for the Kingdom of God when that time comes.  I brought a message on how important it is to keep our promises not  just to each other but the promises we make to God.  I talked about leaving a legacy for the people we leave behind.  We want them to say we tried to always do what was right.

This week I want to talk about the terrible occurrence that happened in Las Vegas last Sunday night.  It is hard for to understand why these things keep happening.  Once again we ask God why you allow this kind of thing to happen, so many killed so many injured? It just doesn't make sense.  The scripture verse this week is John 16:33. I want to talk about what we can do when we are faced with these terrible acts of violence and bad news.  It is almost like we just throw up hands and give up. Like Linda taught last Sunday that is not the answer.  We keep working trying to make a difference. We may not have all the answers and may not understand why these things happen but we trust God because he is in charge and he can change things if we as his people cry out to him and are willing to walk by faith not by sight.  I hope you will join us on Sunday as we talk about what we can do when we face things we just don't understand.

As I said last week we have promised to pray for those mentioned in our prayer request. Please keep that promise and try and reach out to someone that may need your help.  You could make a difference in someone's life simply by listing to them and praying for them.  Invite someone to come with you on Sunday we will be looking for you!

We love you so much,

Pastor David & Pris