Author Topic: Sunday April 2, 2017 "Jesus fix it"  (Read 63 times)

Offline David Whitmore

• Administrator
Sunday April 2, 2017 "Jesus fix it"
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
We finished up the month March with a bang last Sunday. We are looking for April to be even better.
This Sunday we are going to induct new member of the month and we are making plans for our Easter service on the 16Th.  It was good to see John back on Sunday, he has been out over a month with a broken leg. Ruth was not able to be with us on Sunday as she was sick, hopefully she will be better by this Sunday.

This week I want to talk about one of the most uplifting stories in the New Testament. It is in the gospel of John the 11Th chapter I am going to be reading vs 17-45.  In this story a close friend of Jesus and brother to Mary and Martha became ill and passed away before Jesus could get to him.  This story really shows the human aspect of Jesus.  Here he is so sad about his friend's death that he weeps with the family.  Then Jesus shows his power by calling Lazarus from the grave.  There are so many things in this story that you could do several sermons on this one event but Sunday I want to look at 3 things about Jesus as we look at this story.  I hope you will be with us on Sunday as we fellowship together and worship our Savior.

Please continue to lift Ruth up to you in your prayers this week.  She is still feeling bad and is planning on going to the doctor on Wednesday.  My prayer is she will be well enough to be back with us on Sunday. Pray for all those mentioned in the prayer request last week and lets do something good for somebody this week as we keep reaching out to those who need us.  Have a great week be safe and we will see you on Sunday!

We love you so much

Pastor David & Pris